To add courses to students, click on the courses label in top-left corner of the planning grid:
or select add from the courses menu.
This brings up the Add Course dialog:
Note: for new students, the dialog pops up automatically.
To add a course, take these three steps:
- Enter a course name and a subject name. Scholaric will try to match existing courses and subjects for you automatically. If it does find a match, you can select these names from a drop-down menu.
- If you'd like to add the course to multiple students, check the checkbox next to their names. The student whose grid is displayed is automatically checked and disabled - to force that student to get the course.
- Finally, hit the Add button in the lower right corner of the dialog.
Hitting add performs a number of actions for you, including:
- Create the course, if it does not exist; otherwise, find the existing course by name. If the course does exist, the entered subject name is ignored.
- Create the subject, if it does not exist; otherwise, find the existing subject by name.
- Add the course to each of the selected students.
The new course is then displayed and highlighted for you, and a message indicating the results is displayed in the dialog.
Note: the dialog remains open so that multiple actions can be taken quickly.